We are always looking for top quality automotive technicians and welcome the opportunity to discuss your qualifications.
We are proud of our close-knit team of highly skilled individuals. We provide our staff with hourly compensation, flexible health benefits, life and accidental insurance, employee loyalty programs, continuous trade-related training/up skilling, offsite employee/family events, and performance-based bonus opportunities.
The Automotive Technician position includes job tasks that include but are not necessarily limited to:
- Ensure a high standard of customer service through effective and accurate diagnosis, repair and maintenance of customer vehicles.
- Maintain proper vehicle operating conditions by listening to operator complaints, conducting inspections, repairing engine failures, repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions, replacing parts and components as necessary.
- Maintain vehicle records by recording service and repairs on work orders and communicating all necessary information to Service Manager.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Maintain shop appearance and work in a clean and safe environment.
- Attend and complete all required health and safety related training, report all accidents and take every precaution reasonable to ensure personal safety and the safety of others.
- Automotive technician’s license and driver’s license required.
- ODP (ozone depletion prevention) certification required
- Minimum two-year community college program in the Automotive Power or related field.
- Mechanical aptitude, problem solving, dealing with complexity, and analyzing information.
- Continued education in job-related fields of study.
- Demonstrated customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Well-established written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational/planning skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and pride in workmanship.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the automotive service industry.
- Availability to work full time hours with some flexibility, as determined by Village Auto Care business hours and customer demands.
- Punctual, reliable, responsible, flexible, dedicated
- High quality of work, honest and ethical
- Friendly, personable, clean and professional
- Solid written and verbal communication, computer-oriented
- Dedicated to life-long knowledge and skills improvement
- Technical aptitude, problem solving skills, unafraid to ask questions
- Team player, ability to resolve conflict, high level of customer satisfaction
- Hard-working and willing to take ownership of errors
- Willing to share ideas for business improvements
- Comfortable with coaching our apprentice technician and having own work observed/evaluated
Please stop by or send us your resume and cover letter to apply.
Village Auto Care
165 Wortley Road